Under The Moonlight

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf roleplay

2 posters

Apex, Injured and Battered.

UrokTheMad
    UrokTheMad

Apex, Injured and Battered. Empty Apex, Injured and Battered.

Post by UrokTheMad Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:13 pm

Apex, an experienced fighter, and a rather large intimidating looking brute, has been ambushed and driven into lands unknown. Rogue wolves had attacked Apex on his way home to his cave. The wolves had been hunting him it seems, all eager and thirsty for the renown a victory against him would bring. " Bah, how could I have let this happen.." Apex growled in furry, imagine that, The Great White Wolf taken down by a few glory seekers. He would have won easily had they not all ganged up on him from behind. It seems even the best warriors meet their makers in the end. Apex's injuries were severe, a deep bite wound upon his neck, and a broken hind leg. The other injuries were nothing. Limping in pain, the disgruntled Apex searched for a place to rest, eager to die in peace.

" Alone my entire life, no family and no friends. Not a single soul to remember me by. How pathetic. Me, the great Apex, dieing from wounds delivered from cowards. This is preposterous... I should have died with my claws extended and my teeth bared..."

Apex had no clue where he was, the ground held many blood stains, and a few decaying bodies as well as old skeletons. It was apparent this place at one point in time was a battleground, or worse, still is. Dragging himself forward and resting his back against an old withered tree, Apex awaited for his body to finally bleed out. He had no healing experience, and even if he did the tools to save himself were not in the area.  Closing his eyelids, Apex covered his beautiful Blue eyes. Their shine dulled and dying. It seemed the legendary warrior, would finally meet his end.
    Kraken
    Kraken
    Admin

Apex, Injured and Battered. Empty Re: Apex, Injured and Battered.

Post by Kraken Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:43 pm

The land Apex had settled on was indeed an old battle ground turned into a resting place for many souls. The skeletons that lay scattered about were from old battles, battles that weren't even in Kraken's life and now the grounds had turned into a place for those ugly pink things that walked upright.

There was... Peace, between the packs - well, maybe not peace but a subtle agreement that they keep to themselves and away from each others lands, which was fair and easy to abide since the Land of Forgotten was what separated it. It was a horrible barren place where no creature should set foot, yet, this was Kraken's destination, why? he wasn't sure but he felt as if he needed to go there.   He had gotten an early start and was moving at a steady pace that never faltered that was until he reached the land.

His shocking white eyes narrowed around that of what was before him and the sight made his lip curl.  The battles that were fought here, the lives that were lost was all for what? a pact that made sure that wolves stayed in the proper territories and away from each other. There wasn't anything that either pack got from it, there wasn't peace because the packs were still on edge and then there was that one thing... There was the hatred between the blood that kept them connected.

As his thoughts swirled around, he had lost track of where he placed his paws and ended up moving closer to where Apex had settled in and the smell of fresh blood is what pulled him back from his thoughts..
    "Who's there?!?" The wolf snarled and swiveled his head trying to detect where the sent was coming from.
    UrokTheMad
    UrokTheMad

Post by UrokTheMad Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:42 pm

Apex had been resting his body, preparing for the afterlife when he caught wind of a new and strange scent. He decided to just remain quiet, the voice of this newcomer could indeed be one of his attackers come to finish the deed. He stood as well as he could and crawled behind the tree he had been sitting up against, half hiding and half not caring what happened. He dug into the dirt with his claws, writing a final goodbye to the earth that took care of him, in case something went wrong.

As the scent drew closer he knew he would all but be discovered, and not much of one to be a coward and hide He yelled out " Do not approach, lest I remove your head from your body! " The voice that had called out for now was silent, but for how long? How long until someone else found Apex and decided him easy prey, baring his fangs and growling the best he could, he refused to die  without a good fight. His nerves wracked, and his paranoia driven through the roof, there was no other option than to stand his ground. The only thing upon his body which would tell someone who did not know Apex, that he was a good being, someone of a gentle soul, was his eyes. He could snarl and growl all he wanted, but deep within his eyes, if someone was experienced enough to see, they would be able to see that he did not deserve death. The beautiful blue irises tried to seek out where the voice had come from, shifting from left to right, scanning the area before him.
    Kraken
    Kraken
    Admin

Post by Kraken Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:00 pm

Do not approach, lest I remove your head from your body! "

The approaching male couldn't help but snort up a laugh as he heard the words, he had smelt the blood and knew that the creature was hurt and in no condition to move. Continuing his stride forward he pushed his body through the undergrowth and came into view.

"Big words for a wounded beast" His eyes narrowed at the lump covered in blood and he couldn't help but frown at this, what had done this? was the other pack attacking stray wolves? would they be next? As the thoughts racked his brain he snarled and stepped forward.

"Who did this!? answer now and your life will be spared" His words held no truth to them, because he could never bring himself to kill another wolf let alone a hurt one, but his voice didn't waver as he spoke, his eyes were blank and untelling as he watched the male below him.
    UrokTheMad
    UrokTheMad

Post by UrokTheMad Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:27 pm

"Big words for a wounded beast.Who did this!? answer now and your life will be spared"

Apex stared up at the other brute, a defiant expression upon his face, the only weakness in the defense of his expression being his eyes, which show fear and pain. " Speaking with a tone like that. * Apex growls out in pain before continuing. " you won't get a thing out of me, I'm surprised you do not know who I am. "

Apex stood as best he could, at his full height he was a tad bit taller than Kraken, Apex had Dire wolf genes in his blood, his ancestors having roamed thousands of years ago, due to this his form is tall, and muscly. One of the reasons why all of the other wolves where he is from could easily make him out, and also why legends and myths were created about his prowess in battle, those however ,were true. " But since I appear to have no choice. It was a pack of rogue wolves. They ambushed me on my way home to my cave. In my current state, I seem to have somehow ended up here...." Apex sniffed the ground, and the tree. " I do not recognize these lands."
    Kraken
    Kraken
    Admin

Post by Kraken Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:47 pm

The male raised an eyebrow as he looked him up and down.  Giving his nose a twitch he cleared his throat. "Should I know you?" He asked out of curiosity as he sat down.

So it wasn't them.. but I should still gather as much information as I possibly can I don't want these rogues intruding on my ground and attacking me or my pack.

"You are in the Land of the Forgotten.. An ancient battle ground" As he spoke his eyes drifted around, landing on a skeleton of a wolf that was partially in the ground and partially in sight. "Anyway, your in need of medical attention right away, are you strong enough to return with me to my pack lands or do you prefer that I do them here?"
    UrokTheMad
    UrokTheMad

Post by UrokTheMad Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:26 pm

Apex sat on his haunches and stared into the other wolves eyes, the sun's rays causing them to glow slightly as they reflected it's lights. He looked the brute up and down, and grunted. The male was strong, it was apparent. But he didn't really look like he had the stomach for battle. Apex grew accustomed to the males scent, growing comfortable with it so he could find it again should he need to.

"I may have a limp, But I can make it to your lands." He snarled loudly baring his fangs " If you try anything. I will not die without first severely hurting you. "
    What was funny was deep down Apex was a giant teddy bear.  

" You lead the way, I shall follow. "
    Kraken
    Kraken
    Admin

Post by Kraken Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:48 pm

"Please, in your state a butterfly could land on you and you'd be dead" The male sneered before getting to his paws and shaking out his pelt. "Either way, I wouldn't try anything" he grumbled and turned back the way he had come before it dawned on him that he hadn't introduced himself.

"Names Kraken, by the way.. Alpha of Otsoko" he flicked an ear before stepping forward pushing his way back through the undergrowth, not looking back to see if Apex was following him. 
    Who could this male be? why is he showing up now? is he a pack wolf or a rogue?  More questions bubbled up deep within him, causing him to shake his head in frustration and heaved a heavy sigh.

Despite there being peace between the two packs or so some said, Kraken knew that there wasn't. His half sister was the alpha and his father roamed those lands.. "Traitor!" he growled aloud, unaware that he had.

Pausing he planted his to front paws close together "Are you sure your okay to walk alone? you can lean on me if need be"
    UrokTheMad
    UrokTheMad

Post by UrokTheMad Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Apex lumbered after the other, limping as he only had three legs to walk on, his right hind leg broken. As Kraken introduced himself he grunted and did the same. " My name is Apex, a well know warrior in the lands of which I was birthed. Not many would stop to offer me aid, out of fear they would more than likely run away without taking the time to get to know me at all..." Hi eyes showed sadness, this was probably the only way to truly tell what the brute was ever feeling inside. His eyes were like a book, easily read and deciphered. his only weakness. Struggling very hard not to show weakness, not to show pain or exhaustion, Apex tried to keep himself standing. but as Krakens offer was spoken, he gradually let go of his pride and partially leaned himself against the other.. Krakens body was lean, and strong. Much like Apex's own form. " Thank you for the offer. and thank you for the help. But I must admit it pains my pride greatly to have been reduced so low that I would need it... "

After an hour of walking in the direction of which Apex assume would be the territory of Otsoko, he could not remain standing, and passed out due to loss of blood. Hopefully they were not far. But in his condition Apex was more vulnerable than a rodent to an eagle. Blood seeping from his wounds, he did not get back up this time, his breathing raspy, and labored.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content